The Academic Companion Piece to The Astonishing Adventures of Lord Likely

Friday, May 11, 2007

A Likely Descendant?

Good day, history lovers.

History can be a very surprising beast, much like a lion jumping out of a hedge, dressed like a clown. So very unexpected.

My studies concerning Lord Likely have not only turned up Lightnin' Lance Likely, a wild-west outlaw who may or may not be one of Likely's relatives, but now I believe I have stumbled upon another, quite by chance.

While discussing the marketing campaign for the forthcoming Harry Potter movie, my friend over at Philospeak managed to gain an audience with some of the designers working on the aforementioned campaign - including a certain Sir Simon Likely, Duke of F'ington, and his assistant, Kotter.

An extraordinary find, I am sure you will agree. How Sir Simon fits into the ever-expanding Likely family tree is unknown, but if you read the article in question you will see this man certainly displays some of the characteristics of a bona fide Likely.

My studies continue apace, and I will keep you informed of any further developments. Should any of my loyal readers discover any further Likelys springing up anywhere, do let me know. They seem to have been breeding like aristocratic rabbits of late!

- Julian Syngen-Smythe.

No comments: