The Academic Companion Piece to The Astonishing Adventures of Lord Likely

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Piss-Takers and Pisstakers

Hello, history lovers!

Work continues apace on transcribing the diaries of the enigmatic Lord Likely from the antiquated volumes of his journals to the virtual world of the internet. The response continues to be positive, with The Past Today magazine calling the diaries "one of the most important finds in the field of Victorian filth that has ever been seen this week", while History and Historians Periodical states that the journals are "really not too bad," accompanied by a rather fetching picture of myself wearing a tank-top.

In cyberspace, The Pisstakers has given Lord Likely a week-long residence on their site, "in recognition of a great comic talent." Many thanks to them indeed. It is gratifying to know that the long hours spent hunched over these dusty tomes is being appreciated.

Meanwhile, in a more serious matter, a rival historian, Dr. Reginald Wabb-Nasperton, recently took to slandering my good name in this very blog. It was a wild and frenzied tirade of abuse, which sent shockwaves rippling through the historian community. I believe it to have been a wildly unprovoked attack, which has caused me no end of mental anguish. It nearly made me hate history for a while, but then I realised I could never hate history. I love her too much. Besides which, my spirits were raised by a wonerful article on the whole, messy affair, penned by my old journalist friend Bill Blunt. My heart-felt thanks to Bill for his support. It seems together we have driven Wabb-Nasperton back to whichever fetid rock he crawled out from.

In short, Wabb-Nasperton is history. But I, dear readers, am History.

Thank you.

- Julian Syngen-Smythe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame on any blaggard who denigrates the reputation of Lord likely. A thousand curses and a dose of syphilis is in the post for you to distribute as you see fit.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, ed.

Alas, I fear syphilis is too good for that awful blaggered Wabb-Nasperton.

What a cock-end he is.