The Academic Companion Piece to The Astonishing Adventures of Lord Likely

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Lounging With Lord Likely

Good day, history lovers!

Since I began transcribing Lord Likely's journals to the internet, I have been exploring ways to drive traffic to his blog, to improve the lives of internet surfers everywhere.

One means of rustling up readers is through blog directories, and two of the best of these, in my humble opinion, are MyBlogLog and Blog Catalog.

Both Lord Likely frequents both these directories, (here and here, fact fans!) and both sites are both easily within his top twenty referers. Good show, what?

MyBlogLog is excellent, and of course favoured by Ed from The Pisstakers, what with him utilizing the site for his marvelous MyBlogLog Sundays (soon to celebrate their 25th installment!) However, for my money (all seven pounds eighty-five pence of it), I have to say I prefer Blog Catalog.

Blog Catalog gets the edge due to it's excellent interactivity and added features, from it's discussion board to it's newest and most exciting feature: groups.

Groups allow members to set up a group to discuss anything at all, and invite fellow BC members over to join in various discussions. It's a great idea, and one that his Lordship has fully embraced by opening his own group, Lord Likely's Lavish Lounge. Here, members can come and chat with Lord Likely, relax and share a virtual glass of whisky. It has gotten off to a wonderful start, with topics of conversation ranging from which type of facial hair is best, to whether or not urine would make for a lovely perfume. Something for everyone, I feel!

If you have a blog, or even just love reading blogs, I recommend that you sign up to Blog Catalog immediately (it's free, and relatively painless) then you too can join the Lounge.

While you're at it, join MyBlogLog as well. It is really good. I have not tried the recently launched Blog Rush yet, and am not sure I will. Is it worth it, dear readers?

Anyway, must dash - I have to go and plump up the cushions in his lordship's lounge. See you there!

- Prof. Julian Syngen-Smythe

Oh! I almost forgot! It is Mr. Andy Fanton's birthday tomorrow! Why not pop over to his blog, i used my very best crayons, and wish him well. He does ever so much stuff for us here at Likely Towers. Well, sometimes he does. Go and say hello anyway!

No comments: