The Academic Companion Piece to The Astonishing Adventures of Lord Likely

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Likely Centenary: Coming Soon!

Hello, history lovers!

Well, today's chapter in The Astonishing Adventures of Lord Likely marks the NINETIETH entry in his lordship's journals thus far, meaning that ten entries from now, we shall hit the big one-zero-zero - 100.


Obviously, we feel such a milestone should be celebrated in typically spectacular style, as befitting everyone's favourite aristocratic adventurer.

But what to do, dear readers? A 'greatest hits' collection, detailing some of his lordship's finest moments? A tale from his lordship's past, such as the story about his schooldays we ran recently? Or just a mass orgy?

I am truly stumped, history lovers - so I am turning to you, my loyal readers, to help me decide. If any of the above ideas grab you, or you have another idea all of your own, then please leave a comment letting me know.

Please, help a poor professor out.

Many thanks!

- Professor Julian Syngen-Smythe, Editor of The Astonishing Adventures of Lord Likely.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord Likely's most embarrassing moment might be interesting...

mrsnesbitt said...

Thanks for the verse over on BC! Great stuff!
Will enter you in my comp.
Dx

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...a very interesting idea, Lord Matt. I shall pop it into the top hat immediately.

Mrs. Nesbitt, thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed the verse! Hooray!

- Julian.

Jod{i} said...

I have to say I am now addicted...Glad I found your writing over at BC! I shall be reading and digging in!
Love it!

Anonymous said...

A pleasure to have you join us, my dear!

I hope you enjoy your stay. Please, pull up a chair!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

How about a massive assemblage of all the characters found in your chronicles? With Lord Palmerston figuring most prominently, of course.
~Olga

Anonymous said...

Another fine suggestion.

Especially the Lord Palmerston part!