The Academic Companion Piece to The Astonishing Adventures of Lord Likely

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Lord Likely Goes Corporate

Good day, history lovers!

The eagle-eyed among you may have noticed this little button appearing after each post on The Astonishing Adventures of Lord Likely, the blog which I edit:

What does it all mean?

Well, what it means is that Lord Likely is now part of gaup enterprises, inc., a shadowy corporation which develops "the world's finest humour-based blogs for the cutting-edge, technically-handed, media-thrusting, web-wired world," according to the press release which I am holding in my hands right now.

A quick look at their resume reveals that they own The Carrotty Kid (a webcomic about a kung-fu carrot), Anthology of Awful (horror), i done a comic (foul-mouthed cartoons) and Take Life From Behind (self-help).

As historically-minded as I am, I sometimes have to consider the future, and so when two of their representatives, armed with a briefcase full of papers and a fistful of notes, I agreed to sell them the precious Likely journals for enough cash to keep me in shirts and glasses and fast cars for a lifetime. Plus, I'll be able to continue my studies without the need to scramble around for finance, of course.

I am being kept on as editor of these fine, historical documents, so do not fear, it is just that we now belong to a giant, faceless corporation who will probably suck the joy out of everything, but hey! I got a lot of dosh very dynamic and forward-facing company.

This also does not affect my current allegiance to humor-blogs.com, The Pisstakers, or Fuel My Blog, so all is well.

You can visit my new paymasters on their website, or by dropping by their blog. And feel free to investigate some of their their comedy offerings...they are actually really good! No, really!

Well, I am off to enjoy a nice glass of champagne.

See you!

- Julian Syngen-Smythe.

This post has been vetted and passed by gaup enterprises, inc
.

3 comments:

robkroese said...

Hmm. See that it doesn't affect your allegiance to Humor-Blogs.com.

We're watching you.

Anonymous said...

*Looks around nervously*

Anonymous said...

Julian - I am so pleased to hear that you have finally sold out!
Time to drop that old bag of a wife of yours, too: if I can do it, so can you!
There's still time enough left of the summer for the two of us to breeze down to Antibes and pick up a couple of stunners. Those youngsters love a bit of experience dressed up as history.
Shall I book the tickets?